Monday, October 10, 2016

Social Listening

After poking around on Twitter searching various topics like the Corvallis Repertory Singers and choral music, I was struck by a couple of realizations. One, the Corvallis Repertory Singers mainly had posts that were self-generated, very few from others, and two, there were lots of other great ideas for social conversations generated by other individuals and organizations related to choral music.

Here's a little bit of what I discovered from those who appreciate, or are involved in choral music. Some boasted about a personal accomplishment or about how listening to choral music "is so calming to me."  Some, of course, were promoting an upcoming concert or commenting on a concert recently experienced. There were many that included
images. All of them had an element of storytelling. Here's a link to twitter feed that I currently follow that provides, I believe, a great example of good content.  Their logo is posted below.

  
This exercise has been a real eye-opener for me. I'd truly like to see more effort put into the Repertory Singers' social media activities. It could be really beneficial to attracting a younger demographic for their concerts, as well as an excellent way to "sing" their praises! 

No comments:

Post a Comment